For previous Lemann/FAPESP Collaborative Research Grant Awardees click here.
2020 Lemann/FAPESP Collaborative Research Grants Call for Proposals
The São Paulo Research Foundation, FAPESP, and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign established a Cooperation Agreement for Research in 2015 to deepen cooperation between faculty from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and from universities in the State of São Paulo, Brazil through the funding of collaborative research projects.
Under this agreement, the Lemann Center and FAPESP have issued their second call for proposals for collaborative research projects under the terms and conditions of the SPRINT 4th Edition 2018 (http://www.fapesp.br/sprint/call42018).
The Illinois/FAPESP Grant is open to full-time UIUC faculty from all disciplines who are developing a research project with a faculty member in São Paulo. The maximum duration of each project is up to 24 months. Awards can be used for research travel, visits for research planning, activities of data collection, transportation and living expenses. The award provides up to $10,000 per year for two years, with similar funding from FAPESP for the São Paulo collaborators.
The deadline for applications for these grants is February 3, 2020.
Budget Guidelines: Please see the research budget guidelines, posted here.
HOW TO APPLY:
Completed applications and proposals must be jointly submitted to FAPESP and the Lemann Center.
The submission to the Lemann Center must be in electronic format and uploaded to Box.
The principal investigator in São Paulo must submit the proposal separately to FAPESP. Proposals will not be accepted without all application materials listed below. Please submit the application as one single PDF file.
Applicants must submit the following information in one single PDF file.
- Project Summary
- Research Proposal Form (found here)
- A Research Project having a maximum of five (5) pages of project narrative, written jointly by the Principal Investigator of the Host Institution in the State of São Paulo and the Principal Investigator at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The project narrative submitted to the Lemann Center must be identical to the one sent to FAPESP. The Research Project must include the items included in the item 6.1 at http://www.fapesp.br/sprint/call42018.
- Curriculum Vitae of the Principal Investigators on both sides.
- Budget (must differentiate funding requested of the Lemann Center and from FAPESP)
- Bibliographic References
- Worksheet listing the candidates for the exchange missions (faculty and student travel)
Results will be announced in April 2020. An institutional Letter of Agreement between UIUC and the host institution of the awardees in São Paulo must be in place before work supported by an Illinois/FAPESP Collaborative Research project commences.